essentially, the light mimics sunlight. It's designed to treat Seasonal Effective Disorder, a form of depression that is linked to lack of sunlight from weather, short seasonal daylight, or from working night shifts regularly. You sit in front of the light for about a half hour in the morning and, poof, you've gotten your "sunlight" for the day. Pretty nifty.
I think light therapy is essential. Especially if you are going somewhere not quite as sunny as our little valley. Like there's this town in Siberia where its dark all winter long and everyone who lives there is a terrible depressed alcoholic because of the lack of light. I would move. But they don't.
3 comments:
What's light therapy? I've never heard of it.
essentially, the light mimics sunlight. It's designed to treat Seasonal Effective Disorder, a form of depression that is linked to lack of sunlight from weather, short seasonal daylight, or from working night shifts regularly. You sit in front of the light for about a half hour in the morning and, poof, you've gotten your "sunlight" for the day. Pretty nifty.
I think light therapy is essential. Especially if you are going somewhere not quite as sunny as our little valley. Like there's this town in Siberia where its dark all winter long and everyone who lives there is a terrible depressed alcoholic because of the lack of light. I would move. But they don't.
Post a Comment