So I was doing a little grocery shopping today at whole foods, and I guess I had enough stuff that was marked "vegan" that the checker decided to ask me about why I'm vegan. I explained that I'm newly converted, to which he asked why. I explained that it is an emotional thing for me, that I don't like eating dead versions of otherwise cute animals, or something like that. So he asks why I don't eat dairy, etc. I explained that there is a lot of abuse, violence, and premature death even in those products, so I have chosen not to eat them. I told him that I understand that others don't necessarily feel the same way, but I do. He paused then said, (I have to switch format here)
HIM: But if there was human breast milk cheese, would you eat that?
ME: Um, no.
HIM: Why not?
ME: Cuz I'm not a baby and breast milk is for babies.
HIM: Really, cuz it would prolly be good for everyone.
ME: (Dumbfounded shock)
HIM: Well have a nice day!
How weird is that?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
This guy obviously hasn't had a recent run-in with breast milk. I can confirm for you that it would not be a satisfactory taste experience. :)
Post a Comment