I joined the YMCA today! No, Fresno people, it's not gross like your Y, it's actually quite a nice facility with a pool, equipment, classes, etc... Also, no contract, and I managed to convince the person signing me up that I should qualify for the January promotion, which cut my sign-up costs considerably. They even have a financial aid program! Wow.
Today I joined in on the BodyFlow class for the strength-train portion of my training schedule. It was a small class (seven people, including the instructor) that is a combination of pilates, yoga and tai chi. Lemme tell you, it kicked my booty! The instructor was great about giving modification tips for "anyone new to it" (I learned after class that it's a pretty tight-knit group, and I was the only newbie there), and I made it through the whole class. I will be going back. Not tomorrow, though. It's my scheduled rest day.
For those of you interested, I forgot to mention in the previous post that I am following a training guide from the book Running for Mortals: A Guide to Changing Your Life Through Running, by John "The Penguin" Bingham and Jenny Hadfield. It's a great read, and has a ton of realistic, easy-to-understand information on how to build yourself up to running (or walk-running or run-walking) while lowering your chances of injury and burn-out. I highly recommend it.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment