This has been my hobbled crafting project, the mermaid quilt for my niece Sarah. It's almost done by now, just a few touch-ups to be done. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out.On the foot front, I am considering switching to Tylenol from vicodin, as the pain is not very much, and vicodin seems overkill. I'm also trying to keep in touch with the pain, low ache that it is, to keep myself from become active prematurely. I feel that the pain is my body's way to say, "slow down," and if I mask it I'll be suddenly doing too much and hurting myself in the process. I've been amazed at how quickly the recovery has been going. I imagined at least a week or two of drugged up sleep, where that really only lasted a few days.
I'm glad now that I have the option of going back to work a little early to do some training. I'm pretty sure that will happen now, and all the better to have something not so intense to do for that week. (I am scheduled to have three weeks off, with the option of training in the third week if I'm up to it. I'll still be resting for another good week before I return, so don't worry that I'm taking it too quickly...)



2 comments:
good to see craft update, and hear some health update.
i like your idea on pain.
What a beautiful quilt! The fabric must be a Jost Family Favorite - I used the orange octopus print and the blue seahorse print to make a blanket for Lucas, only to find out that Laura had already used the same fabric for the same purpose! What a small world we have here...
Post a Comment