Friday, July 10, 2009

doing well

I met with the podiatrist today for a check up, part of which included "fresh" x-rays, as the nurse called them. If you look closely at the x-ray from today (I decided against including photos of the incision, as it is still kinda Frankenstein-ish), you can see what they did, and, in turn, what I did. The doctor made a cut in the second bone of the toe to straighten it out, but left a portion of the bone intact to speed healing. Last week, I was hobbling in my house and my foot made a popping sound and hurt for a little while. Evidently, this was the remainder of the bone breaking. Whoops. Not a big problem, the doctor says, but that it may slow healing just a bit. Also, the incision is not quite healed up enough to bathe for another week or so. So. My spurt in activity will have to stop, and I need to go back to resting and elevating my foot more properly to speed the healing. Sigh. Skype anyone?

No comments: