Sunday, June 7, 2009

spider adventure!

If you're not into spiders, don't keep reading. Just enjoy this cloudy picture:
Wasn't that nice? So, I was leaving my house the other day and I saw this:
and kinda spazzed out a little. Being from California, I'm quite used to black widows and such, but this bad boy was HUGE! So, I called my friend Abby, who likes spiders and is from Washington, so these things aren't so new to her. She bravely caught the grody thang:
then promptly took it a step too far:
Ew! Gross! But so nice to have it out of the house/garage. Also good to know, it was a giant house spider, not a hobo spider. So, if it were to have bit me, it would just have been a bump, and not a huge lesion. Good. To. Know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, exciting! reminds me of that spider i had in my house in japan. that one was a pretty good pet - i had zero cockroaches as long as that it was around.