One thing of note, I have surgery scheduled for Monday morning at 10:30am. It's been a while since I posted about my feetsies, so here's the rundown: I have hallux limitus in both feet, but the right foot is much more severe than the left, so it's getting surgery first. The doctor assures me that it is a simple surgery, and all will go well, and that my big toe joint will have better flexibility than ever, which means easier walking. (It's at about 50% mobility now, which makes walking a serious pain.)
Here's a nice video to explain it (with no blood, just computer imaging):
Here's a link to a more graphic video of what they will do for those strong of heart and stomach. (I haven't watched this, but my friend Abby thought it was very informative and interesting.)
Also: here are some photos of my foot pre-surgery:
In the above photo, you can see the "dorsal bunion", caused by spurring on top of the bone. Below is a photo of the amazing inflexible toe. That is how far it will flex when I push on it. That's it. Try walking on that, friends:
So there it is. Depending on how I feel after the surgery, I may be posting more or less often. Only time will tell...



1 comment:
Hey how'd everything go?
Post a Comment