Here is a shot from Batdorf & Bronson before the procession (a parade in which people dress as various animals to celebrate Earth Day). Those of you who know me know that I struggle sometimes with crowds, but this was actually fun! People were very peaceful and calm, and I managed to be out and about the whole day. You can't see from this picture, but part of the festivities includes the handing out of 20,000 pieces of sidewalk chalk. By the time of the procession, the streets were gaily decorated and colorful with all sorts of drawings.
The evening before, I got to see the Tallhouse Arts Consortium and the Wildhoney Tribal Bellydance troupe perform in the Olympia Salvage building. This was seriously amazing. The Tallhouse Arts Consotium included a performance by a woman who did a circus arial dance performance. I had never seen something so amazing, and am seriously lacking in words to describe it. Here is a photo of the performer that I found that maybe makes it make sense:
This morning, ADK&L and I went to the Farmer's Market. It is open all summer, but I haven't posted about it yet, so I'll include it here:
Part of the fun was getting Kaia's face painted with a fishie:
There was much fun had all weekend... maybe more of a post coming later.



2 comments:
this is the sort of thing you should tell me about. I'll make the drive, it's not that far
wow, looks like a fun time. the acrobatic thing reminds be of "Wings of Desire"
Post a Comment