Friday, March 20, 2009

i made it!

Through my first work week! My gig is a basic small-group tutoring of kids who have fallen behind in school. It's after school scheduling, minus Fridays, which is fun, but I'm having to totally change my schedule to stay conscious later in the day. (I like going to bed early, though there are benefits to staying up I spose.)

This week was partially me studying in a room by myself, and partially working with real, live kids. Twas quite rewarding and fun. Most of the kids are actually quite involved in their learning and find the program fun, so it's much easier in ways than public school teaching.

(Oooh-- the 5 o'clock bell is ringing! Oly has a horn that sounds at five every workday downtown. I can hear it from inside my house...)

So that's the basics that I can say so far... It's fun for me. I have that feeling a little like when I first was in a classroom on my own of, "they let me do this and even pay me?" Meaning, it's enjoyable enough that I would volunteer to do it. It fulfills something in me. I'll still take the pay, but it's a good feeling.

No comments: