Monday, October 13, 2008

oly trip

Hey, folks! I'm back from Oly-town. I had a marvelous trip and enjoyed the brisk weather, knowing that it will be much colder when I return in December. One highlight was getting to see (and potentially rent) an apartment right down the street from AD&K. In this picture you can see a little of it in the right hand corner. (darn trees get in the way!) Thats AD&K's to the left. The picture was taken in their front yard.
This photo shows the house up a little closer. I'd be in the basement, which is windowed enough to make me happy.
This one is of the garage/private entrance to the apartment, taken from the opposite side of the house, looking back towards AD&K's. I'd get to store my bike in the garage with the homeowner's, which would be super nice.
And a last little fun picture that turned out waaay dark, but is still cute is of Kaia. I was packing Friday night and she wanted to know why. When I told her I was going back to California, she decided that she wanted to come with me, then proceeded to climb into the suitcase, stuffed animals in tow, and closed the lid so she could come along. Sweet, eh?
So. It was a great trip, lots of wandering and trying to get the lay of the land better, and such on and so forth. I even drove a bit when A made me take the car and drive around in it. That actually really helped it make sense.

Now it's back to the 'No and packing and sorting and eventually saying good-bye.

5 comments:

Adam said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. Does it snow there very much?

Adam said...

Or at all?

Leah said...

it does indeed snow. it actually snowed some when I was there in january. it will be a huge adjustment, but i'm ready for it

Adam said...

Does that mean you'll have to shovel around your windows?

Leah said...

probably, yes