I had a wild dream last night. It was very convoluted, so I'm not going to go into it other than to explain that in part of the dream, I was about to die, and I knew it. I grasped the hands of those who were with me, and begged them, "Sing Blackbird...," and they did. Odd, eh? So I've been listening to the song off and on today and thinking about it and why that would be the song I would demand on my deathbed. Here are the lyrics, in case you don't remember them by rote:
Blackbird (The Beatles):
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise, oh
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
....
I should probably mention that in the dream, I didn't actually die, but moved on into another life. If you really want to know about it, call me up for coffee or something and we can chat it up
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It always reminds me of the episode of ER when Sheri's crazy sister wouldn't deliever her baby until they started playing Blackbird.
Post a Comment