As I type, my mom is settling in at home with hopes of eating soon. What will it be? Steak and onions? In and Out? Baby food? Creamy rice? I really don't think it matters, considering it will be her first solid food since November 5th. Yes, it's true: since November 5th.
That's 46 days with no solid food. Just apple juice, fat-free chicken broth and sugar-free Jello and water. Forty-six days of Bert (my nickname for the iv-pump bag o' liquid nutrients). I'm amazed. I mean, Jesus did 40 days and 40 nights, but Betsy did 46.
You amaze me, Mom. Here's to a speedy recovery and continued healing of body, mind, and spirit. Love you!



3 comments:
She's like the Beatles. She's bigger than Jesus.
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! Best wishes for a quick recovery.
So what was her first meal?
eggs and toast. simple, yet elegant and sustaining.
Post a Comment