Friday, August 24, 2007

french carpet bag

So I like stealing ideas from people. Lately it's been etsy.com that I prowl for ideas. Generally, i tweek things quite a bit until I feel happy with the resulting pattern or style. But then there was this bag...

I copied it almost completely. Yeah, I had to use different fabric, etc., but it's a knock-off. I'm not quite done with it yet. I want to tack down the pleats in the darker fabric (which is sheer, thought it doesn't look that way in the photo). I also need to trim the stray strings that are left over and sew the darts on the back. Pretty nifty, eh? It will be great for those days when I feel the need to carry my kitchen sink with me. Nice.

5 comments:

auritus said...

Hi Leah,

I love your bags! Do you do commissioned stuff at all?

E

Leah said...

Thank you! I like to barter mostly, but we could prolly work something out...

auritus said...

I wouldn't mind bartering but unfortunately unless you need some lab work done, a paper written, or a place to stay in Atlanta I don't really have much to offer.

Adam did offer to get involved in a little three-way bartering agreement though, so there is that.

Just let me know what works for you, my e-mail is delaveleye(at)gmail(dot)com

Leah said...

I just sent you an email, E. Read it! read it now! (sorry. I just get so excited sometimes.)

Leah said...

Oh, and you're right. I'm well past my years of needing papers written, etc.