
It doesn't look like much in this picture, but it's the best I could do with it. I guess this is really a see-it-in-person quilt. I used the same fabric for the background and the applique, just at different angles. I hand-quilted around the applique pieces and tied the rest of the quilt to give some definition. Oh look! You can see my foot in the picture! Ha! Okay. Here's a close-up of the bird that's in the upper left-hand corner:

You can see the fabric and stuff a little better in this shot. I think it's perdy. Yup.



7 comments:
that's a really cool way to make a quilt - i hope i get a chance to see that in person someday. :]
hmm... well it's going to kaia next weekend. might be hard to do.
I like the elephant.
Well, I'm not sure, maybe it's not an elephant, but the shape in the lower left appeals to my eye as if it were an elephant.
If you want it to be an elephant, Adam, it is an elephant. I intended it to be a cat, but whatever. Elephants are cute, too.
Aaah, I see what I did. I saw the tail and mistook it for a trunk while at the same time, not noticing the ears on top. It's a nice cat too.
I admire your handiwork.
Kaia is sleeping with it right now...
Post a Comment